What fees should I expect when selling a home?
As the seller, you should expect to incur the following fees:
Real estate agent commissions
As the seller, you will be paying the commission for both the buyer and the seller. In the case of Listwizer, you should expect to pay 3% of the sale price.
Common closing costs for the seller
Closing costs on the sale of the home include the following:
- Fees for the escrow company
- The mortgage and home appraisal
- Recording and transfer of the property
- Homeowner’s and title insurance
- Transfer tax
- Prorated property taxes
- Capital gains tax
- Home warranty for the buyer
- Repair bills or a credit for repairs
Other closing costs
Less common closing costs for sellers include:
- Liens against the property
- Unpaid homeowner association dues
In addition, there may be costs to get your home ready for sale. You may want to repaint rooms, remove wallpaper, or make value-add improvements that increase the value of your home, such as a kitchen remodel. Visit this section of our FAQ to learn more about common costs to prepare you home for sale.
For more a more detailed look at the closing costs you should expect to pay as a seller, see our blog post (insert blog post)